Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I go to seek a great perhaps?

So I kinda do a LOT of thinking at work and today I got to thinking about the quote (which I don't know who said it first but I DO know it's in the book Looking for Alaska by John Green) "I go to seek a great perhaps". If I'm seeking my great perhaps as we speak, at this moment in time that I am living in RIGHT NOW, I don't think I'm looking very hard. I still live in the same house in the same town that I've lived in from the moment I was born. I go to work I come home I sit on the computer. I don't hang out with the few friends I have. If this is my great perhaps.......I don't want it!!! This perhaps is FAR from great. If that's the case then what IS my great perhaps? When will I know that I've found it? Will I EVER find it? What if I've already found it and didn't realize it? I tend to get on these kinda trips where I hate my life and everything about it...this is one of those kicks.

Let me tell you what my great perhaps ISN'T

It's not Warsaw NY
It's not housekeeping at the Glen Iris Inn
It's not living at home with my parents at the age of twenty three.
It's not the lack of social life that I have
It's not trying to avoid my parents
It's not wondering what I can/should be doing with my life.

If it's not any of those things (and I'm sure I've got more) then I guess I should keep looking. Never give up, never surrender.




On something kinda off the topic that I started with I've also decided at the end of my blogs with what I've dubbed my Internal Play List of the day. If I'm not listening to music I've got at least 20 different songs in my head and thought I'd share them with you...if I can remember them that is. Feel free to check them out. So...my play list for today is...

Blood - My Chemical Romance
Baby - Justin Bieber
Party in the USA - Miley Cyrus
Poor Unfortunate Souls - The Little Mermaid
Hakunamatata - The Lion King
September - Marianas Trench
Skin and Bones - Marianas Trench
This Isn't Hogwarts - Hank Green
I'm Bo Yo - Bo Burnham
Bitch of Living - Spring Awakening 


No comments:

Post a Comment